Maxcy Kuykendall & Company provides remodeling services that enable you to transform your vision for your home into reality. Although the process can seem overwhelming, we will guide you every step of the way, from conceptual planning to construction completion. Depending on the project, services from professionals such as architects, engineers, and designers may be required or recommended. If you do not have one, we can help you find one. When your vision becomes a defined scope of work, we can establish the project cost. We have found that the process is manageable and even enjoyable for you if it is broken down into several steps.
- Define your goals—list out what you envision your home being after a remodel. Do you want to expand and reconfigure the space or are you only wanting to change colors, fixtures, and materials? Being very specific at the beginning helps everyone involved define the scope of your project.
- Hire an architect or designer—if your vision includes expanding and or reconfiguring, an architect can help reduce your vision to a workable building plan. Designers are very helpful with many things including selection of colors, finishes, materials, countertops, stains, cabinet hardware, plumbing fixtures, and light fixtures.
- Establish your budget—doing so early will help you narrow your options and selections. Prices vary widely and knowing what your budget is will help your designer and architect define the scope of the project.
- Establish your design—before the project begins, reduce your design to a plan. Having a design that is well defined and specific helps ensure that what you envision is what you get.
- Make all of your selections— before the project begins, choose your materials. There are many things that you will need to choose, including: cabinets, counters, appliances, hardware, knobs, lighting, flooring, tile, tile designs, plumbing fixtures, paint color, paint sheen, and more. Many of the items and products that you may want to incorporate into your project can take weeks and sometimes months to obtain. Getting your orders placed early can help avoid costly delays. Maxcy Kuykendall & Company can provide you with a list of potential vendors.
- Hire a contractor—when hiring a contractor, make certain that you are comfortable with your choice, because you will be working with them daily for an extended period. Talk to references. Go see their work. When considering bids, be sure to compare them apples to apples so that you don’t accept a low bid that does not include everything you thought you were getting.
- Meet with your team (architect, designer, contractor)—discuss logistics, schedules, expectations. Establish a game plan.
- Start the project